Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summertime Road Construction

I know it needs to be done, but every time I travel somewhere and have to get hung up in traffic for multiple extra hours, it really ticks me off.  OK, I know the deal on I-81 in Harrisburg couldn't have been avoided due to the nature of the situation, but  I'm certain a much better job could have been done guiding people around Harrisburg in the aftermath of that diesel truck explosion.  I saw signs that said "I-81 Detour follow Red Detour Signs," so I followed them, and ended up going around in a big circle and being stuck in the same place again.

Then, this last weekend, I went to Rochester, NY and I-81 in Binghamton, NY was all FUBAR because of road construction.  Why can't  you guys put up signs that say something like "Take Rte. 17 West to 390 North to Rochester," instead of letting us sit in I-81 North one-lane traffic for an hour-and-a-half.  Would that be so much to ask?  Geez Leweez!!!

I barely made it to my daughter's graduation on time thanks to the lack of helpful signage, and then to make matters even worse, there evidently was an accident on one of the highways around Rochester, which caused another traffic nightmare.

Road Construction simulator (PC)

No comments:

Post a Comment